Quest for the Ogopogo

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Marinade

Lobo: You have to get a search permit, but it looks like the purse is getting bigger!

Jose: "Search to be conducted between August 1, 2000 and September 1, 2001."

Do you think we'll make it?

Lobo: If we hurry.

I'll bet the prize is up to C$2.1 mil by now!

Houseboat Videotaped Alcalde Death Dive Mash!

Al: Hmm... It may be time to start marinating Alcalde...

Jose: What kind of marinade do you think Ogopogi prefer?

Jose: Alcalde keeps weaseling out, though. He's just not reliable. Maybe we should use Al instead.

Al: Nope, Alcalde's the designated bait. It's been established.

What kind of marinade do you think an Ogo would like?

Jose: Hey, that's what I just said!

Al: I asked you that! Anyway, maybe some kinda BBQ sauce? Whaddaya think: Mild, zesty, or what?

Jose: How about sweet and sour?

Al: I dunno... Spicy?

Lobo: Chipotle? Green Curry? Finlandia Eel?

Al: Keep it simple, dude.

Jose: Ooh! Thai peanut sauce!

Al: That's it!!! Peanut sauce it is!

Jose: Boy, I hope Ogie doesn't have a peanut allergy. That could spoil everything.

Al: Hmm... You're right... Oooo, I know, soy sauce!

Jose: I dunno, that's kinda salty. I'm thinking maybe spicy is the best way to go after all. Turn Alcalde into a giant buffalo wing.

Al: If that's the case, then Ogo may not like spicy. We don't wanna overdo it especially if it's too spicy. I say we go back to plain ol' BBQ sauce, regular flavor, right out of a jug. I suggest we go to Costco, buy an Alcalde-sized jug, and we're done.

Jose: I guess we are going to need a lot of it, and we don't want to cut into our profits too much.

Al: It shouldn't... Costco prices are very reasonable. Besides, Lobo's springing for the bbq sauce.

Alcalde: You guys are the best pals anyone could ask for. You're the greatest!

Al: Pals? Huh?

Jose: I think I can speak for all of us when I say that we genuinely care about you as bait.

Al: That's a fact... Um... I get the PowerMac when he gets et!

Alcalde: You care. I know you deeply care. That's what makes our friendship so special.

Al: Friendship? Man, you are deluded!

Jose: You betcha! We care somewhat!

You know, you could use some relaxation. Why not take a nice long soak in a tub full of barbecue sauce?

Al: Then, after a 4-hour soak or so, wrap yourself in plastic and you'll get really tender... Um... relaxed.

Jose: And he'll smell fabulous!